Alzheimer’s Australia NT provides support, counselling, information and education to help people living with dementia, their families and those working in the dementia field.
In addition, we aim to increase community acceptance and understanding of a person with dementia and their family carers, through raising community awareness.
A range of services are offered from our offices in Darwin and Alice Springs including:
- The National Dementia Helpline 1800 100 500
- Support groups and programs for people living with dementia
- Free community information
- Free information, support and education to assist people caring for someone with dementia
- Respite and practical social support
- Accredited training as well as short courses and information sessions for aged care workers and health professionals supporting people with dementia throughout the Northern Territory
- A varied program of activities for people worried about their memory including risk reduction information
- Safe Return Program in partnership with NT Police
- Life Memory Albums.